Working closely with main contractors and industry clients, Building Social Value has been developed to provide a simple, clear and effective mechanism to help registered sites, companies and suppliers capture their social value outcomes and report these to the client and the public. The process is simple and straightforward:
- When registering with the Considerate Constructors Scheme, simply select ‘Building Social Value assessment’ from the online registration menu and pay the additional fee.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your booking as well as the checklist that the Scheme’s Monitor will use when collecting data. The email will also outline the assessment process and the next steps.
- An A1 poster will be sent to your site to display to the public that you have signed up to Building Social Value. The poster will explain that your site has taken this proactive measure to ensure it is doing all it can to support and contribute to the local community, economy and environment.
- At the end of the site’s registration, a review meeting with a Scheme Monitor will take place to gather what the site has done with respect to social value using the Checklist to guide the discussion.
- After the meeting, the Scheme Monitor will produce a report based on the information collected which the site can use to demonstrate its social value to its stakeholders.
Click here to download the Checklist
The Building Social Value visit and report costs £301 (+ VAT). Additional visits and reports are also available to provide updates during the construction phase. Each additional visit (including report) costs £183 (+ VAT). There is no limit to the number of visits that can be carried out.
As the report will reflect the data provided by the contractor, the Scheme cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information. The Scheme Monitors will, however, look for evidence of appropriate measurement tools and systems in place.
Click here to register for a Building Social Value report